Yesterday afternoon Holly informed me that she was ready to go to school. For those of you who remember, last fall we enrolled her into Apple tree Preschool and lasted all of two days - four hours to be exact. She hated it. Anytime we got in the car she threw a major fit and insisted that she was not going to go to school. There were times that we would turn down the road the preschool is located and she would immediately start crying. I was really worried that I had traumatised her and that she would never be ready to go back to school. So with that being said, you can imagine my disbelief when she told me she wanted to go to back. I had already talked with the director, Christy Carter, last week. She had called to tell me about a Mother's Day Out program that she was doing on Thursdays. Nick and I had talked it over and decided we would leave it up to Holly. This morning when we got up she was ready to go! I dropped her off without a tear. When I arrived to pick her up she was upset and told me she wasn't ready to leave. I'm so excited that she is feeling more confident and secure, but I'm also sad that she is growing up. So for now, Holly will will be doing gymnastics on Monday afternoons and preschool on Thursdays. Her little week is filling up!Thursday, August 21, 2008
Appletree Preschool
Yesterday afternoon Holly informed me that she was ready to go to school. For those of you who remember, last fall we enrolled her into Apple tree Preschool and lasted all of two days - four hours to be exact. She hated it. Anytime we got in the car she threw a major fit and insisted that she was not going to go to school. There were times that we would turn down the road the preschool is located and she would immediately start crying. I was really worried that I had traumatised her and that she would never be ready to go back to school. So with that being said, you can imagine my disbelief when she told me she wanted to go to back. I had already talked with the director, Christy Carter, last week. She had called to tell me about a Mother's Day Out program that she was doing on Thursdays. Nick and I had talked it over and decided we would leave it up to Holly. This morning when we got up she was ready to go! I dropped her off without a tear. When I arrived to pick her up she was upset and told me she wasn't ready to leave. I'm so excited that she is feeling more confident and secure, but I'm also sad that she is growing up. So for now, Holly will will be doing gymnastics on Monday afternoons and preschool on Thursdays. Her little week is filling up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment