The Nixon Extra

The Nixon Extra

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Pumkin Patch

This past weekend, Nick and I took the kids to a pumpkin patch. Both Holly and Coy had a blast. There was so much to do and see. There was a small petting zoo with chickens, goats, llama, donkey, and sheep. This farm had several play areas with tall slides, corn mazes and corn husk disking! After we walked around the park and fed all of the animals, we loaded onto a wagon that was being pulled by a tractor. This took us on a ride to the pumpkin patch. Coy these days is mesmerised by farm equipment. I truly feel this was his favorite part of the day. When we were unloading from the trailer he was overcome with excitement. I wish that I had gotten video of him running through the patch picking up pumpkins. He was like a child that had just been set to run free in a candy store. We almost didn't get him back on to the trailer!


Our tractor ride to the pumpkin patch
(I don't know if we'll ever get a picture with all of us
looking at the camera and smiling!)
Do I want this one?
Maybe this one.


Definitely not that one!
He also enjoyed feeding the goats. I say feeding, he really only stood at the fence and watched Daddy and the other children. I feel really funny about the kids doing that. I guess I'm on ole fuddy dud!

Oh come on Mom, what's it going to hurt?
Holly had a much easier time picking out her pumpkin. She walked around for a few minutes and then found one that she said was just the right size and that is the one that we came home with. She looks forward to carving a jack-o-lanterns later this week!

There was a neat swing set that had horse like swings. Holly thought they were way too cool!

I think that we are all done here! I have had a great time, but now I'm ready to go carve my new pumpkin!

No comments: